General terms and conditions of use Leaders in Finance Academy B.V.
- Subject matter
These general terms and conditions apply to each use you make of the apps, websites, e-books and podcasts of Leaders in Finance Academy B.V. (LIFA).
- Use of the app, podcasts and e-books
- In order to be able to use the podcasts and e-books, you first need to install the LIFA app. The app is available for iOS and android devices in the respective app stores, to which specific general terms and conditions may apply. Consequently you can set-up an account with LIFA, following the instructions given to you.
- You may use the podcasts and e-books associated to your account. Podcasts are made available on a subscription basis. You can either purchase a personal subscription for a podcast or use a subscription purchased by your employer.
- The use of podcasts requires an internet connection. Podcasts are available for the period of the subscription.
- Podcast episodes may be downloaded for offline use within the app.
- LIFA will take reasonable commercial efforts to make the podcasts, apps, websites and e-books available. However, it can not guarantee that the apps, websites and podcasts are available all the time or that podcasts can be listened to uninterruptedly.
- LIFA is not responsible for the completeness and correctness of the information contained in the podcasts or e-books. Opinions expressed by the interviewees in the podcasts or e-books are for the sole account of the interviewees and may not be attributed to LIFA.
- You are responsible for all use that is made with your account. You should keep your login information confidential and may not share it with others. Should you suspect that your account is abused, please contact us at email@example.com. We reserve the right to suspend your account or to reset your password should we suspect abuse of our services.
- Purchase of podcasts
You may purchase podcast subscriptions via the website of LIFA. Podcasts have to be paid upfront. You agree that after payment the podcast is available for use and you confirm that you waive any possible right to withdraw from the purchase in accordance with clause 6:230p Civil Code.
- Term of subscriptions
- Subscriptions for a podcast are valid for 12 months after purchase.
- It is not possible for you to cancel a subscription and the subscription is non-recurring.
- LIFA may terminate any subscription and/or account in the event that you breach any part of these terms and conditions or when you commit a tortuous act in connection to the app or podcast. In such event you may no longer use the app and podcasts. In no such event shall LIFA be obliged to pay back (part of) the amount paid by you to LIFA.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, LIFA in its full discretion may cancel and discontinue podcasts or specific episodes of podcasts at any time. In case any podcast or episodes thereof are cancelled or discontinued within three months after your purchase of the subscription, the subscription fee shall be refunded pro rata for any podcast episodes not yet listened to according to the administration of LIFA.
- Intellectual property
All intellectual property rights with respect to the app, websites, e-books and podcasts vest in LIFA and/or its licensors. You are granted the rights to use the app, websites, e-books and podcasts as laid down in these general terms and conditions and you are granted no other rights. The right of use is non-exclusive, personal, non-transferable and non-sublicensable. You are not entitled to make the podcasts or e-books available to other persons.
- LIFA reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, functions and features of the app.
- LIFA reserves the right to make adjustments to the podcasts, apps, e-books and/or websites.
- LIFA may change these terms and conditions from time to time by giving notice to you. If you do not want to be bound to the terms and conditions as amended, you must uninstall the app and may no longer use the podcasts.
Should you experience any problems using the app, websites, e-book or podcasts, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The app, websites, e-books and podcasts are provided “as is”. LIFA disclaims any warranties or conditions of satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
- LIFA is not liable for any damage suffered or costs incurred as a result of the use or misuse of any information provided in the podcasts, apps, websites or e-books.
- Without prejudice to the previous paragraphs and to the extent permitted by law, any liability of LIFA shall in no event exceed the amount you paid LIFA for use of the services.
- Applicable law and disputes
The legal relationship between you and LIFA is governed by Dutch law. The courts in Amsterdam have exclusive jurisdiction with respect to any conflict between you and LIFA, notwithstanding the right of LIFA to bring a case before a court having jurisdiction in your place of residence.
- General information
LIFA is a Dutch private limited liability company based in Driebergen-Rijsenburg (see for details the Chamber of Commerce).
- Subject matter
- LIFA is the controller of your data and will process your personal data in accordance with applicable law, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our contact details are listed at the end of this Policy.
- What data do we process?
- In connection to subscriptions, we process name, mail address, password, user-ID, subscription information and use date (date, time and name of podcast episode listened to). In connections to purchases, we also process payment information. With respect to support issues, we process the data submitted by you.
- In connection to your use of our website, we process cookies. Please see below for further details. We do not process cookies in connection to your use of our apps.
- How do we use your data?
- In connection to subscriptions, we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to manage your LIFA account;
- to provide podcasts to you;
- to provide support services;
- to send you information requested by you;
- to send you safety instructions or use instructions for your LIFA products and services;
- to send you information about new features or new products or services that may be relevant for you based on the LIFA products and services previously purchased by you (only after your consent has been obtained);
- to ask you to participate in surveys and to manage the outcome of surveys in which you have participated;
- to analyze your use of our products and services for quality control, product development and marketing purposes;
- to send newsletters and commercial messages to you, provided you signed up and gave your consent, which messages may be specifically tailored for you based on the type of services and products purchased by you and your use thereof;
- to satisfy statutory obligations of LIFA, such as obligations regarding bookkeeping and tax law;
- to enable LIFA to enforce and defend its rights in disputes;
- to improve your online experience on our websites;
- for any other purposes made known to you beforehand.
- In connection to subscriptions, we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Legal grounds for processing
When LIFA processes your personal data, such processing will be based on any of the following grounds listed in the GDPR, specified below:
- The performance of a contract to which you are a party (or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract)
LIFA uses personal data if this is necessary for the performance of a subscription between you and LIFA.
- Compliance with a legal obligation to which LIFA is subject
LIFA is legally obligated to process certain personal data, for example to comply with bookkeeping and tax obligations.
- Your consent
In some cases, e.g. newsletter mailings, LIFA processes your personal data based on your consent. You have the right to withdraw the consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Legitimate interests of LIFA.
We process personal data on the basis of legitimate interests of LIFA, for example to analyze the effectiveness of our services by registering the time and date the podcast episode was listened to.
- Website cookies
The following Cookies are used by LIFA:
Google Analytics uses (analytical):
These analytical Cookies are used to improve the website of Leaders of Finance Academy by, for example monitoring the number of users of our website. These Cookies are placed by Leaders in Finance Academy or by third parties during your visit of our website. They have a duration of two (2) years.
Cloudflare uses (functional):
The cookie accept bar uses (functional):
- Data retention
- Sharing personal data with third parties
- We may make use of processors to support certain of our business functions, such as IT providers that offer storage services. If and insofar as these third parties process your personal data while doing this, they will do so on the basis of a processing agreement in accordance with the GDPR.
- We will only supply your personal data to surveillance, tax and investigative authorities if we are obliged by law to do so.
We maintain state of the industry security measures to avoid unauthorized access to, alteration, disclosure or loss of your personal data. Security measures include encrypting files and accounts and maintaining a firewall with a minimum of access points.
- Links to websites of others
Our websites and apps may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. These third party websites may process your personal data. LIFA is not responsible for such processing.
- Your rights
- Please be informed that you have the right to obtain information about the processing of your personal data by us (right of access). Should you wish to obtain such information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
- In addition to the right of access you have the right:
- of data portability, if applicable;
- to restrict processing by us of your personal data;
- to review and rectify/correct your personal data; and
- in certain cases, to have your personal data erased.
You can exercise these rights by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may notify us at any time that you no longer wish to receive newsletters or other commercial messages from us via e-mail by sending an email to email@example.com. We will process your notification in due course and remove you from our mailing list.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with the Dutch Data Protection Authority, the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, or the competent supervisory authority in your country.
- When we ask for your data, we will indicate which data fields are optional. If you fail to provide us with the obligatory information, we may not be able to adhere to your request.
- We reserve the right to refuse any requests if your identity cannot be demonstrated by you and/or we can invoke any of the exceptions stated in the GDPR. In such case, we will inform you of the refusal.
- Information about LIFA
Leaders in Finance Academy B.V. – based in Driebergen-Rijsenburg
Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (please email for the postal address)